It’s been a while, but I’m ready to share a great recipe. It’s my new breakfast meal. For five years, I’ve been eating a banana and oatmeal for breakfast and I was burnt out. I love smoothies and when I buy them from the smoothie shop, it can cost me about $5-$7. After my last smoothie, I had an “aha” moment. “Make my own smoothies.” I bought an Oster MyBlend Blender which was essential to making a perfect smoothie every time.
EASY BERRY BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE
EASY-1 SERVING-5 MINUTES
1/2 cup apple or orange juice
1 frozen banana (chop before freezing or you will be UPSET)
1/4-1/2 cup of frozen berries
1/4 cup yogurt
- Place juice, banana, berries, and yogurt in the blender
- Blend to desired consistency
- You can add any combination of fruit to your smoothie. Be creative!
- You can add a supplement to your smoothie such as protein or vitamins
- To plan for the week and save time, you can separate the fruit (sliced banana and berries) into individual containers and freeze