It was a great morning at least it seemed that way. The angels were dressed, armed with fruit snacks, and ready to go. And guess who couldn’t find her keys? You guessed it…..Mommy. I texted work and let them know that I would be late. I searched all over the house and after 15 minutes, I finally had a breakthrough. Pumpkin said, “Your keys are in the dining room.” I said, “Oh! Show Mommy where you saw them.” So, now, I’m following a 4 year old through the house to look for my keys. And that was a complete witch hunt. I’m asking over and over, “Where did you see Mommy’s keys? Were they on the table? In the plant? On the chair?” And the only responses I’m receiving are, “Oh, Mommy, I don’t remember.” “Look over there.” “Maybe I forgot.” It finally clicked for me after ten minutes of these shenanigans that the boy had no clue of the whereabouts of my keys. And then it was as if I was hit with a lightening bolt, I ran to the couch and found my keys buried under the pillows. I remember sitting them on the arm of the couch Sunday night. The entire process took 30 minutes and pushed my commute back about 45 minutes. Needless to say, we all arrived at work and school late but safe. Lessson learned.
Be. Prepared. I clearly learned my lesson on this particular morning. I have committed a slice of my evenings to being fully prepared for the next day or upcoming week. My evenings are now prioritized by what is mandatory for the next day.
- When I come home from the grocery store, I spend time cleaning the fridge and cutting the fruit before putting away groceries.
- I select outfits for the angels and myself (even my gym bag) for the week.
- I pack lunches and breakfast the night before.
- Jackets, bags, and keys are in a centralized location. (I’ve been pinteresting and a mud corner is in the works.)
- Pictured above is my Bible Study Basket stocked with my journals, pens, bible, and study materials for my morning studies.
The extra work I’m putting forth on the front end has made my mornings that much more pleasurable. And I need all the morning sunshine I can get because I am NOT a morning person you can ask anyone from my angels to my college sweetheart (husband) to my college bestie. I challenge you to make one little adjustment every night. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.